What do we encourage?
The Swiss allotment garden federation aims at stimulating and developing the allotment garden movement in Switzerland.
This aim should be reached by the following means :
- Unification of all allotment gardeners and their organisations if possible.
- Defence of the interests of all the members and their representation with the authorities, judicial and natural persons. – Especially members facing problems for the safeguarding and/or the creation of allotment garden sites should be supported.
- Stimulation of the continuous technical formation of the members in the sections, associations and regions.
- Cooperation if there are questions concerning town planning
- Support of measures for the protection of the natural habitats for men, animals and plants.
- Stimulation of a gardening that is respectful of nature.
- Active public relations work and sensitisation for the allotment garden movement.
- Publication of the federation's magazine « Gartenfreund/jardin familial" and presentation of the federation on Internet.
- Up-keeping of close relations with like minded organisations on national and international level.