What do we offer?
NAS offer a range of information and legal advice to our members, covering allotment legislation and environmental issues. NAS is part of the consultation process where Local Authority land which has statutory status is being disposed of and we lobby the Government on issues of importance to the allotment movement.
Our Members receive the quarterly magazine "The Allotment and Leisure Gardener".
We run members seed scheme offering providing seeds at discount prices.
We provide an Insurance Scheme for our members offering public liability insurance, member to member, building and contents and Trustees Liability insurance.
We offer the support services of:
- An in-house Lawyer to answer all members' legal queries relating to allotments
- A Regional Representative to help with all the 'ground' issues
- Federation/County Body to support members on a region wide basis
- Regional Panel to help represent allotment holders throughout their area
- Additional support for Associations through a rebate system, where Associations apply for a small grant to promote allotment gardening
- Online services through our 'Members Area' on the website
We co-operate and work with other like-minded organisations.
We promote allotment gardening through horticultural shows and exhibitions.